Choose a form group to get started:
Do you want to start a claim (sue someone) click here
Have you been sued and want to defend yourself? click here
Are you involved in an action and would like to request a date to speak with a judge? click here
Court fees, court locations, guides, templates and more
Ontario Small Claims Court – Small Claims Court Forms
Here is an brief overview of the Small Claims Court process:
- One party sues another by filing and serving a Plaintiffs Claim.
- The other party who is sued (the Defendant) can then file a Defence (and Defendants Claim, if the Defendant believes that in-fact that the Plaintiff owes them money).
- If a Defence is filed the Ontario Small Claims Court will send both parties a date to attend a “pre-trial settlement” conference.
- If no settlement is reached at the “pre-trial settlement” conference the matter will proceed to trial.
- If a judgment is awarded at trial, the successful party can then proceed to collect their money through court-administered enforcement remedies.
At any point during the process the parties can settle their matter and statistics have shown that most cases settle before making it to trial.
Easy Court offers a tool that helps you create your own Small Claims Court forms quickly and efficiently. Currently you can use EasyCourt to create the following Small Claims Court forms online:
Ontario Small Claims Court Plaintiffs Claim
Ontario Small Claims Court Defence
Ontario Small Claims Court Defendants Claim
Ontario Small Claims Court Motion
easycourt.ca is a document preparation service. easycourt.ca does not offer/provide or equate to legal advice. easycourt.ca is not acting as your paralegal or lawyer
and is not a substitute for the advice of a paralegal or lawyer. Our online tool simply guides you through the Small Claims Court Forms (in a simplified format)
and assists you in preparing your court documents in a clear, correct and professional manner. easycourt.ca does NOT select, draft, complete, compute or assist in
the completion of your documents. YOU select and prepare your documents using the assistance of our easy process. If you think you need legal advice, or feel
that you have complex legal issues that you cannot resolve on your own, we recommend that you hire a paralegal or lawyer. easycourt.ca has references for
AFFILIATE paralegals and lawyers capable of servicing your needs. Click here to arrange a consultation with a third party AFFILIATE paralegal or lawyer. For
more details please reference our complete terms and conditions.